By now you’ve come across Ethverse and the tag phrase “Minecraft + Blockchain + DeFi on steroids” but you haven’t had a chance to let that simmer yet. The company is releasing their blockchain powered metaverse in a few days, but you’ve only heard of minecraft in passing, and you’re still skeptical of crypto related companies since you got burned back in 2018. You’re not sure what DeFi is, but it sounds like a fad to you and you when someone says to buy on “uniswap” you’re confused because you only have a Binance and Coinbase account. Buckle up kids, lets dive in:
The timing for Ethverse to launch on Uniswap couldn’t be better.
- Uniswap is a decentralized exchange service that is the new hot spot to launch projects in stealth mode. A month ago, it was an innovative decentralized approach to switch from any ERC token to another- managing about $7M/day in volume. Fast forward four weeks later, Uniswap is averaging about $70M/day and increasing. The liquidity mechanism behind uniswap is game changing, simple to use, and immune to ‘spoofing’ the order books- so its gaining a lot of attention with traders. All the moonboys are searching for the latest “uniswap gem” — the timing for Ethverse to launch on uniswap couldn’t be better.
The market size for players to migrate from Minecraft to Ethverse is astounding.
2. The market size for players to migrate from Minecraft to Ethverse is astounding. Minecraft has 132 million active monthly users according to Microsoft’s Q4 earnings call, generating about $150M/year in game revenues. During the pandemic Microsoft reported a 25% increase in new players and worldwide sales have topped over 200M copies, half of those in China. This game kills it on youtube. You thought Fortnite was big with 60B views per year? Think again because Youtube reports that Minecraft videos get over 100B views per year, far outpacing viewership stats for any other game.
Ethverse’s application of DeFi loans against NFT assets is one of the best decentralized finance plays in the entire space
3. Ethverse’s application of DeFi loans against NFT assets is one of the best decentralized finance plays in the entire space. Since total value locked exploded from $1B in June 2020 to over $4.5B locked today, it’s clear that Defi unleashed a new paradigm and everyone is clamoring to get involved. That meteoric growth could solely be responsible for this new bull market, and Defi companies have mushroomed this year- I predict Ethverse will be no different. Players will now be able to collateralize assets like land and NFT tokens to borrow ETHV tokens and use them towards building new assets in Ethverse. Borrowers will pay interest etc very similar to taking loans out against tangible real estate properties.
The next trend after DeFi is probably Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs). Ethverse leverages NFTs to enable activity that was previously impossible in Minecraft 1.0.
4. The next trend after DeFi is probably Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs). Ethverse leverages NFTs to enable activity that was previously impossible in Minecraft 1.0. NFT’s grant players the ability to hold land assets and register their titles to the blockchain. The properties can then be leased, sold, or transferred to any wallet, enabling a bustling digital economy to blossom in Ethverse. The economy will incentivize users to develop the neighborhoods and cities, encouraging players to monetize their time in game by providing in-game building services. Did I mention that when a player buys a new city, they need to burn 1% of the existing token supply to own a new plot of land? That makes it a deflationary environment.
Ethverse often gets compared to Enjin, Decentraland, and Binance’s recently announced ELO Sandbox, but Ethverse has a marketcap of under $1M and only raised 500ETH in the presale.
5. Ethverse often gets compared to Enjin, Decentraland, and Binance’s recently announced ELO Sandbox, but Ethverse has a marketcap of under $1M and only raised 500ETH in the presale. How do they do it? How does Ethverse already have a pool of 132M players to pick from and Decentraland only has 12k current users? For starters, Ethverse is built with the Minecraft Gaming Engine. Pick up the java applet and you can instantly play Minecraft in Ethverse. No scaling issues, no bugs like Decentraland, and a much larger addressable market. How does Ethverse compare to Enjin and Enjincraft? Well Enjin is more of a scalable wallet solution and sdk that allows developers to integrate NFTs across the multiverse. It’s possible that Enjin’s wallet might work in Ethverse. See how that works? The revolutionary leap in Ethverse is that players can own virtual plots of land and register it to the blockchain. Those properties will gain value, and players can then sell or borrow against that. This will enable a functional DeFi economy, and the potential applications are limitless. Think virtual crypto conferences, concerts, marketplaces, casinos etc. Binance investing $3M and supporting an audacious project like Sandbox speaks to the massive potential in the burgeoning blockchain gaming arena. That project is tackling a lot at once — the ability to make new items, own them on the blockchain, and the ability to make new games from scratch. Ethverse is similar, but strictly focused on an established gamer experience with Minecraft. Both operations can grow in harmony.
So there you have it folks. Ethverse is poised to do well, not only because their competitors’ marketcaps are a few magnitudes higher, but also because Ethverse is tackling the biggest game in the world and applying blockchain advancements to enable new game play that previously was impossible in Minecraft. I’m looking forward to a big year out of this team. Their beta release drops in two weeks!